Release 2.2.0 of Virt-Lightning, a lightweight CLI for libvirt which can serve as an alternative to Vagrant. It’s also a stable API that you can use in Python to quickly spawn new VM, like you would do with a Cloud provider.
Most of the new features come from contributors and I’m pretty happy with this.
- Cosmetic documentation changes
- Don’t try to fetch an image that already exists
- Add ability to boot old system with no virtio support
- Use Libvirt default settings when possible
- Use the VNC display by default
- Add support for OpenVSwitch (a.k.a OVS )bridge
- vl stop: avoid a Python backtrace if the VM doesn’t exist